Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Update

To fulfill one of my Old Year's Resolutions: here's a new blog...my second in the span of a week!!!
I just thought I should give a little update to the progress of my resolutions and steps I am taking in the right direction...no matter how little they may be.

1. I really want to find the perfect church and become active in it.
This week: Shady Oaks Baptist Church

Update: I worked Saturday night and was living on the prayer of a cancel for my Sunday shift. Even with the odds stacked against me, I came home, made some lemon poppyseed muffins, and Kyle and I went to sunday school and church. Now...we have visited a few churches in the span of our relationship, and have found good things about all of them. I had a thought that maybe after a fourteen hour shift was not the best time to assess a church's ability to keep my attention. That in mind, we visited my home church, where my mother still goes, and where I believe my membership still lies. I really wanted this Sunday to be more about just getting our feet wet in church again. It was a good experience overall, and I really hope to continue our journey for the perfect church.

2. I would like to lose 10 pounds.

Motivational picture of the week: I swear I used to look like this.

Update: I started my new diet (if that's what you want to call it) yesterday. I have a really neat app for my iPhone that I downloaded some time ago called MyFitnessPal to help me track my calories. It has a listing for every food imaginable and it is really easy to search for what you are eating. You can see how many calories you have eaten, and how many calories you have to go. I am trying to stay under 1500 calories a day. I plan to do a blog maybe next week about "pretending." Like how I pretend that my Chocolate Drizzle Special K Cereal Bar is really a Milky Way. It should be interesting. I'm also struggling with this whole "drink water until you drown" thing. I love Diet Coke and it will probably be the hardest thing for me to give up. I think it will happen eventually.

3. I want to spread contagious joy.

What's more joyful than a smiling Paigey on a dinosaur?

Update: According to Greta, in my comments section from the last post, ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED! :) Haha. But seriously, I have been trying to be better about this. I think that positivity is something that has lacked a little bit in my life lately and am attempting to amp it up. I feel like I have made strides towards being a more joyful person.

4. I want to be a devoted blogger.

Update: Blogging now. Boomshakalaka.

5. I want to be awake more.

Update: Yesterday I woke up at 6 AM when Kyle had to wake up to get ready for work. I cooked him some delicious breakfast burritos, walked him to the door to say goodbye, and gave him a hug and kiss (just like Leave it to Beaver). This is the point where I would normally just go lay back down in bed a few more hours. Instead, I stayed up ALL DAY!!! No nap, no mid-morning dozing, NOTHING. This is probably my greatest accomplishment this week, because my awake time allowed me to do a lot of things I have been wanting to do for a while. I treated and vacuumed the entire carpet staircase, I organized my desk and office shelves, I deep cleaned the kitchen, and I did a billion loads of laundry. Ok, not a billion, more like three. It felt really good to get some things done instead of just sitting around watching Netflix. I'm going to try to stay awake like this on all my days off this week, and also try to not sleep away the entire day that I work.

I really feel like all of my goals here are intertwined. If I do one, then another follows, which causes another one, etc. Thank you to all my friends who support me in my goals, no matter silly or serious.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Paigey! I am most impressed with the staying up all day. I can't believe you woke up at the crack of dawn and became the Domestic Diva. How did it feel? I'll have to try that iPhone app you mentioned. Glad you're working toward your goals. Feels good to be focused...maybe I should give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part of that whole post was "Boomshakalaka"! You are well on your way to accomplishing your goals. Pod 8 was infected by Paigey Sunshine last night.

    ReplyDelete