Thursday, November 4, 2010

Old Year's Resolutions?

I know...it has been way too long, but unlike all you other little bloggers, I do not have cute kids to take pictures of and share funny things they have said. These are the things I love to read about in your blogs, and so sometimes I feel a little inadequate as a blogger, in general. But today is a new day, and a new beginning. I know its not January 1, but I would like to set some goals for myself that I would like to accomplish before the end of the year: let's call it old year's resolutions? Sure.


Things I would like to do before the end of the year:

1. I really want to find the perfect church and become active in it.

Since Kyle and I have gotten married, we have really enjoyed our weekends together. We get to sleep in, lounge around, and just enjoy our day. Unfortunately, we have gotten so spoiled by staying up late on Saturday night that Sunday mornings have been a difficult time for both of us to get up and going. I really miss being in an active Christian body, and even if it means Saturday afternoon church, I want this back.

2. I would like to lose 10 pounds. That's all. Come on people it is already November 5th.

10 pounds divided by 8 weeks. Thats totally doable...right?

3. I want to spread contagious joy.

This is something that I have found is missing in a lot of places. It is pretty easy to make someone's day with a little bit of happiness. While I have never really understood the point of dragging other people down with bad moods, I have been not so altogether encouraging lately. I think if we do a little work on #1 up there, #3 should follow :)

4. I want to be a devoted blogger.

Let's just call devoted one blog a week, ok? Start small.

5. I want to be awake more.

I don't want to sleep through my life, and working nights it seems like I do that a little bit. I would like to think of sleep more as a luxury and not a necessity. Right now I feel sometimes like it is taking over my social life.

So there you have it. 5 things I want to accomplish before the end of this year. I will (hopefully, if number 4 works out) be keeping you updated on my progress with these things. In the meantime, you guys can try to keep me accountable.

1 comment:

  1. You spread joy every time I see you. I'm so excited when I see we get to work together. So, one goal accomplished!! Cross it off!

    ReplyDelete