Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving...Break?

This is a blog I started writing in the beginning of January and I have been avoiding blogging because I haven't finished it so ... I'm just gonna post it as is with what I have written and then just give some pictures at the end. I just need to get over this blogging block :)



This year was the first Thanksgiving of our married life. I think that most people probably wait a few years before jumping behind the wheel of cooking a Thanksgiving dinner when they first get married. Not us, apparently :D. We thought it would be a good idea to get our "first Thanksgiving cooking disaster" out of the way early. But guess what!? It wasn't a complete disaster!!!!

Since everyone in the family kind of had their own thing to do on the actual day of Thanksgiving, we decided to have our Thanksgiving meal on the Saturday after. Kyle's mom, Saundra, is unfortunately snowed-in up in Minot, North Dakota; and his sister, Shelby, is with her husband, who is stationed in 29 Palms, CA. His other two sisters, Ashley and Amanda, and their significant others, Mark and Joey, were able to come down to my mom's house for Saturday. Also in attendance were my brother, Kevan, and his wife, Shellye, and my two nieces, Kami and Brook.

PICTURES!!!!






My cousin Dakota with our fried turkey that we had at Thanksgiving


My wonderful pumpkin spice cupcakes which I will be posting the recipe for later :)


Kami and Brook having just a little too much fun at Tom Thumb shopping for Thanksgiving groceries.

Just having fun with my favorite girls

No comments:

Post a Comment